Next course Starting February 2019
Affinity Yoga provides small group (max 12 people) yoga teacher training of the highest standard, tailor-made to suit your needs.
The 200+ hour teacher training certificate course costs £3495 including 8 weekends in London and 2x four day long Residential weekends on the South Coast in the New Forest (residential options are available for London).
Payment may be made in full in advance, or by £1000 deposit and nine payments of £275.
- 200+ hour Teacher Training Certificate, Registered with Yoga Alliance UK
- Membership of the governing body Yoga Alliance UK and insurance during teacher training (which is required before you can teach)
- 8 weekends, one a month of two days non-residential intensive training, at our Kensington Studio
- 2x four-day weekend intensives on the South coast at the start and end of the course to create strong connections and support network for the coming year between you and your fellow yogis (includes accommodation, half board)
- An optional extra 100 hours of non-contact training through self-practice, and external classes. (proof is required for 300+ accreditation) taking the total to over 300 hours which is quickly becoming the minimum requirement for the industry.
- First Aid course and certificate available at a reduced group rate (on an extra date to suit).
- After completion of the teacher training there is the opportunity to rent our studios in Kensington for your private sessions with clients, or to run your own open classes.
There are a wide variety of yoga styles and if you are just starting out as a teacher it can seem very confusing. We are here to help you find your own style, not to dictate. So even if you know very little about the many yoga traditions we will help you find a way to practice and teach what is true to you.
Styles explored include Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Anusara, Hatha Raja, Kundalini, Pre-natal, Meditation, and Yin.
This program will provide you with an opportunity to deepen your personal yoga practice while developing a solid foundation of teaching skills and educational theory. Throughout the course there will be guest specialist teachers to give expert information and background to the subjects.
Below is the weekend outlines
- Intro to the Patajali’s eight limbs of yoga
- Bandhas, Pranayamas and Cultivating Calm
- History of the Yoga Traditions
- Vinyasa Sequencing and Anatomy
- The Meridians and Subtle body Anatomy
- Chakras, Mantras and Kirtans with Special Guests
- Pregnancy and post natal care
- The Business of Yoga, ethics
- Bhagavad Gita, Dharma and Meditation
- Ayurvedia and the Vayus
- Revision and Presentations
- Final Exams, Private Consultation and advice